Monash University offers a range of scholarships to international students, providing financial support to help with tuition fees and living expenses. The Monash International Leadership Scholarship is a fully funded award, which provides the opportunity to study at one of the world’s leading universities.
This scholarship is open to students from all countries and offers a range of benefits to successful applicants, including a tuition fee waiver, living allowance, travel support, and a range of personal and professional development opportunities. Eligibility for the scholarship is based on academic excellence, research achievements, and prior research experience.
Monash University Scholarship
Monash University International Merit Scholarship
For international students who exhibit high academic excellence, Monash University offers a variety of scholarships. Learn how to submit an application for these scholarships.
Eligibility For The Monash University Scholarship
To be eligible for the Monah University Merit Scholarship, you must have or fulfill the following criteria;
- Be a university student from abroad
- Intending to enroll full-time in a Monash campus in Australia for an undergraduate or postgraduate (coursework) degree.
- You must have accepted a Monash offer if you are a starting student.
- For students who are currently enrolled, you must have finished at least two semesters in Australia.
- A current student enrolled in the Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (MD) program or the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery with Honours program must have completed and received results for at least four semesters.
You cannot apply for this scholarship if you are enrolled in the Australian Year 12 program. The Sir John Monash Scholarship for Excellence may be available to you.
starting either the Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine program or the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (Honors) program? (MD). You must apply as a current student and have successfully completed four semesters.
- For this scholarship, a separate application must be submitted. In alignment with the following dates;
Round four: 15 March Semester two of the current year
Round five: 15 April Semester two of the current year
Round six: 30 June Semester two of the current year
- You must have received an unconditional full course offer from Monash prior to submitting an application for this scholarship.
- Only within the same calendar year is it possible to postpone.
- Don’t include any supporting materials with your application; they won’t be taken into account.
- Until the required number of points for your degree is achieved, $10,000 per year (48 credit points of study) will be paid annually.
- Beginning undergraduate students will be invited to submit an application for a spot in Monash Minds, a first-year leadership program.
- Based on the performance in school.
- Current students must have obtained a weighted average grade of at least 85.
- Students will also be evaluated on their ability to represent Monash University as an ambassador and their 500-word scholarship application statement.
- Beginning students will be given preference.
What You Must Do To Maintain The Monash University International Merit Scholarship
- You must maintain a distinction average (70 percent or higher) each semester in order to keep this scholarship.
- You must take part in at least three marketing and/or scholarship promotion activities, such as attending official scholarship events, marketing campaigns, and networking gatherings.
Sir John Monash Scholarships for Distinction
This scholarship is intended for students who exhibit exceptional academic achievement, performance, and potential. You will be given this scholarship and receive $6000 each year for up to four years if you meet the eligibility requirements and earn an ATAR of 99.95 (85.00+ for Indigenous Australians).
You don’t need to submit an application; once you use VTAC to enroll in a Monash undergraduate course, you’ll be evaluated automatically.
Eligibility For The Sir John Monash Scholarships for Distinction
- Must be an Australian citizen
- a New Zealander with a humanitarian visa, an Australian permanent resident,
- IB or Year 12 student currently enrolled in Australia.
- completed Year 12 the year before and has not started any other post-secondary coursework.
- If you identify as an Indigenous Australian, you must submit a certified Statutory Declaration form or a Confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Heritage certificate to the William Cooper Institute.
- Application is not necessary.
- All eligible students who select Monash University as their preferred VTAC school will be evaluated automatically.
- This scholarship is postponable.
$6000 per year (48 study credits), for a maximum of four years.
- Awarded to all eligible students who receive an ATAR of 99.95 or higher for non-Indigenous Australians
- Awarded to the top ten eligible Indigenous Australian students with an ATAR of 85.00 or higher.
What You Must Do To Maintain The Sir John Monash Scholarships for Distinction
- Each semester, you must maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark of 70.
- You must maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark of 60 for Indigenous Australians each semester.
Monash Leaders Scholarships
The Monash Leaders Scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate exceptional academic and leadership potential. The program provides financial support and the opportunity to develop leadership skills in a range of areas
Eligibility For The Monash Leaders Scholarships
- Must be an Australian citizen
- a citizen of New Zealand
- Australian citizen with permanent residence in Australia
You must fulfill the following requirements:
Each of the Monash Leaders Scholarships has different requirements and values.
- Betty Amsden AO Mentor Leaders Scholarship
- A Monash undergraduate student who is still enrolled in classes.
- 2023 will be your final year (or expected completion by semester 1, 2024).
- have served as an Access Monash Mentor for at least 12 months within the two years preceding the appointment.
- Bowness Family Foundation Scholarship
A new student planning to enroll in a Monash undergraduate program.
Being a low-income person who has been chosen to be an Access Monash Mentor.
- Chris Wardlaw PSM OLY Leaders Scholarship
- New or continuing undergraduate students who are currently enrolled or plan to enroll in a bachelor’s degree program through the faculty of arts or the faculty of business and economics at a Monash campus in Australia.
- Beginning students must have an ATAR of 85 or higher.
- Current students must obtain a WAM of 80 or higher and exhibit leadership potential.
- displaying leadership through involvement in the community and industry.
- have a limited budget
- from one or more of the educational disadvantage categories established by Monash University.
- Selected to Serve as a Mentor for Access Monash
- In order to work as an Access Additionally, Year 12 Monash Mentor students are required to complete a VTAC scholarship application.
- There is no postponing this scholarship.
Given to candidates who exhibit leadership and a desire to support the community through the Access Monash Mentoring program.
What You Must Do To Maintain TheMonash Leaders Scholarships
Participation in the Access Monash Program is required.
FAQ On Monash University Scholarship
How do I apply for a Monash scholarship?
To apply for a scholarship at Monash University, you will first need to determine which scholarship you are eligible for and meet the necessary criteria. Then, you can visit the Monash University website and navigate to the “Scholarships” section.
There, you will find a list of available scholarships and the application process for each. You will typically be required to submit an online application, along with any additional materials such as transcripts, personal statements, and letters of recommendation. Be sure to read the application instructions carefully and submit all materials by the deadline.
What are the eligibility criteria for Monash scholarships?
The eligibility criteria for Monash scholarships can vary depending on the specific scholarship. Generally, scholarships are awarded based on academic merit, financial need, or a combination of both.
Some scholarships may also have specific requirements such as being from a certain geographic region or being enrolled in a specific program or faculty. It’s best to check the specific scholarship webpage or contact the scholarship provider for more information on the eligibility criteria.
Is there a Monash scholarship available for international students?
Yes, Monash University offers scholarships for international students. These scholarships are available for undergraduate and postgraduate students and can cover tuition fees, living expenses, and other costs associated with studying at the university. Some scholarships are based on academic merit, while others are based on financial need or other criteria.
Monash University offers a wide range of scholarships to assist students with the cost of their education. These scholarships are available to both domestic and international students and cover a variety of areas of study.
Some scholarships are based on academic merit, while others are based on financial needs or other criteria such as community service or leadership.
Some scholarships are awarded automatically, while others require an application. It is recommended to check the Monash University website for more detailed information on the scholarships available and the specific application process for each.
Now that you have the various scholarships given by Monash University, do well to apply for anyone of your choice.