- Do you have a Master’s degree with a maximum of two years of relevant work experience or a Bachelor’s degree with between 2 and a maximum of 3 years of relevant work experience?
- Are you ready to contribute to sustainable development and the eradication of poverty?
- Are you ready to live and work for two years in a challenging context and in another country than your home country?
- Do you have experience in one or more of the following areas: sustainable development, business operations, project management, partnerships, innovation, digitalization, data analysis, and management?
If you answered YES! to all the above questions, we encourage you to apply below to the UNDP Graduate Programme.
Eligibility Requirements for the United Nations Development programme – graduate programme 2023
UNDP is looking for candidates who are available to join UNDP from the first quarter of 2023 onwards and who meet the following requirements:
- A completed Master’s degree in a relevant field (with not more than 2 years of work experience) or
- A completed Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (with a minimum of 2 years and not more than 3 years of relevant, paid work experience)
UNDP encourages applications from a wide range of relevant degree courses:
- To be eligible for the Programme and Policy stream, you will likely have graduated in one or more of the following areas: political science, public administration, international relations, development studies, economics, statistics, data management, environmental science, or a related field. Please review UNDP’s areas of work.
- To be eligible for the Corporate Operations stream, you will likely have graduated in one or more of the following areas: business or public administration, finance, law, procurement or supply chain management, human resources management, economics, data management, or a related field.
You must be a national of one of the countries where UNDP works to support the Sustainable Development Goals.
Nationals from the countries listed below are particularly encouraged to apply: Angola, Antigua & Barbuda, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Iran, Kiribati, Kosovo, Libya, Marshall Islands, Morocco, Nauru, Nicaragua, Niue, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Rep. of Montenegro, Saint Lucia, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Serbia, Seychelles, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Suriname, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uruguay, Vanuatu.
You must be able to demonstrate that you are fluent in English and able to work effectively in a professional context.
For some positions, working knowledge of French, Arabic, or Spanish may be a strong asset.
Please note that the application and selection process will be conducted in English. You are required to complete your full application in English unless stated otherwise.
What UNDP is offering:
The Graduate Programme offers a unique opportunity to contribute to UNDP’s mandate. It is a 2-year assignment with one of our country, regional, or headquarters offices. Assignments are in areas related to the Sustainable Development Goals with a focus on two streams:
- Programme and Policy: In this stream, you will contribute to UNDP’s programmes and project activities.
- Corporate Operations: In this stream, you will contribute to management services that support the effective implementation of UNDP programmes, or work in the area of organisational policies, processes, and oversight.
Successful applicants will be included in the Graduate Programme Pool and offered an assignment with a UNDP office in any of our 170 locations around the world.
UNDP offer participants a customised Formation journey. This learning path provides an opportunity to enhance your knowledge, stretch your capabilities and give you real-world experience alongside some of the brightest minds in the development world.
As a pathway into the world of development, the Graduate Programme offers talented graduates excellent exposure to multilateral cooperation and sustainable development, while providing a valuable entry point into UNDP and the wider UN system.
- A one-year international professional entry-level contract (renewable for a second year on demonstrating good performance and on availability of funding).
- A competitive entry-level salary.
- Ticket for travel between your location and your duty station.
- Paid annual leave.
- Paid sick leave.
- Health and disability insurance.
- Pension contributions.
Competencies and skills
When joining UNDP, you are:
- Lending your time and skills toward building a more prosperous, fair, and inclusive world for people in need around the world.
- Choosing a community of collaboration and mutual care, of people working together with a shared sense of purpose.
- Joining a mission that demands and encourages innovative thinking and provides space for creative input.
- Joining a community that aims to elevate and empower every employee to grow not only professionally but also personally.
Application Deadline: October 12, 2022