The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) is an independent body, established by the Electric Power Sector Reform Act of 2005 to undertake technical and economic regulation of the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry.
The Commission is to, among others license operators, determine operating codes and standards, establish customer rights and obligations, and set cost-reflective industry tariffs. The Commission has its headquarters in Abuja.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to join our team in an exciting career of regulating the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry in the position below:
Job Title: Principal Manager – Tariff and Rates
Division: Markets Competition and Rates
READ ALSO: APPLY FOR SENIOR ASSISTANT TECHNOLOGIST AT IGNITUS AJURU UNIVERSITY
- Assists with the process for the review of tariff filings and applications.
- Assists with the development and review of existing tariff models.
- Undertake a review of methodologies, policies, procedures, and guidelines for regulating electricity tariffs.
- Analyze the impact of various government tariff policy directives on the financial sustainability of the market and proper advice to the Commission.
- Undertake studies to establish the appropriate level of lifeline tariffs and make recommendations for the implementation of PCAF.
- Analyze matters for tariff hearings and assist with the organization of public hearings or any other regulatory proceeding to obtain any required information, representation, or objection to ensure that the proposed change in tariff is fair to all stakeholders.
- Monitor and ensure compliance of operators with approved tariff regimes.
- Prepare periodic reports as may be requested by the Unit Head.
ALSO READ: APPLY FOR FREE RECRUITMENT OF NURSES TO UK
Minimum Qualification / Skills
- B.Sc in any of the fields mentioned with an MSc in Energy Economics, MSc in Econometrics, MA in Economics, MA in Utility Regulation, MSc in Economics, LLM in Energy Law, MSc in Finance, MBA in Energy Finance, MSc in Statistics and MSc Computer Science.
- A ph.D. in a relevant Discipline is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 15 years experience.
Method of Application for Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Start Application Online
- To start the application, create an account on the register page.
- Check your email for the verification link, and click on it to verify your account.
- Complete the application step by step, the platform allows you to Save and continue later, so you can complete the application at your own pace.
- Applicants should please note that this is a completely online application process, and no paper applications and CVs should be sent to the Commission.
- Applicants are required to submit only ONE (1) application and multiple applications shall result in a disqualification of the applicant.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the next process of the recruitment exercise.
- All successful candidates will be contacted via email or phone number.