International undergraduate students have a fantastic opportunity to study in Korea on a scholarship through the KAIST Undergraduate Scholarship. The Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology grant will aid the chosen students in obtaining advanced degrees and advancing in their research, entrepreneurial, and globalization endeavors.
Students will be chosen for the KAIST University scholarship based on their academic performance, interpersonal abilities, integrity, and leadership abilities.
In case you wish to apply, I’ll give you a quick synopsis of everything you should know about the KAIST Undergraduate Scholarship.
About KAIST (Host University)
One of South Korea’s top colleges is KAIST. It was established in 1971 by the government of Korea. Five colleges, six schools, and 38 Departments make up KAIST’s three campuses, two of which are in Daejeon and one in Seoul.
At the moment, KAIST is home to students from more than 95 different nations. In addition to degree programs, KAIST also sponsors conferences, workshops, exchange programs, and symposiums with universities abroad.
Why KAIST Is a Good Choice
The first research-focused institution in South Korea is KAIST. It is one of South Korea’s best universities. Additionally, it is listed at position 99 in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, position 13 in the Asia University Rankings (2021 Rank), position 9 in the QS Asian University Rankings, and position 4 in the Young University Rankings (2021 Rank). You should not pass up applying for the KAIST scholarship 2023 because there are so many other benefits to studying at KAIST.
KAIST is a highly-ranked research university located in Daedeok Innopolis, Daejeon, South Korea. It is Korea’s first and best public science and technology university, and its graduates are key players in Korean innovations. KAIST offers courses in a wide range of disciplines, and most of its courses are taught in English.
KAIST Undergraduate Scholarship
Almost all undergraduate study fields are eligible for the KAIST South Korea scholarship. International students have a fantastic opportunity to further their studies in a stimulating setting. This scholarship is completely funded, thus it will pay for all of the chosen applicants’ fees.
- Host Country: South Korea
- Host University:KAIST
- Degree level: Undergraduate level
Available Programmes For The KAIST Undergraduate Scholarship
Students may apply for the following KAIST graduate scholarship programs:
College of Natural Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
College of Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science
- Bio & Brain Engineering
- Industrial & Systems Engineering
- Industrial Design
- Bio & Brain Engineering
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Nuclear & Quantum Engineering
- Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
College of Business
- Business and Technology Management
College of Life Science & Bioengineering
- Biological Sciences
The KAIST undergraduate scholarship program has a four-year term.
- 8 semesters of full remission of tuition fees
- Allowances every month of approximately $300
- healthcare insurance
Eligibility Criteria of the KAIST Undergraduate Scholarship
- The candidate must be an international student.
- The candidates must have a strong academic background.
- The candidates have a high school diploma or a degree from a university in their own nation.
- Dual-citizenship applicants are ineligible to apply.
Required Documents For KAIST Undergraduate Scholarship
- Application FormForm
- One Recommendation Letter
- High school Transcript
- Passport or National ID Copy
- Statement of Financial Resources
To apply for this scholarship, please follow the application steps below.
- Fill out your online application at this official website.
- Pay the application fee (80 USD or 80,000 KRW) via bank transfer or credit card.
- On the application page, upload scanned copies of the following additional needed documents. The uploaded copies must be clear and readable and certified by the organization’s head or the principal of the school.
- One letter of recommendation.
- Profile of a Secondary or Tertiary School.
- University or high school transcripts
- Report on Standardized Official Testing.
- Report of the English proficiency test.
- National ID or a passport.
- Financial Resources Disclosure for the KAIST Scholarship.
- Sponsorship Financial Resource Statement.
- Awards and Honors (Optional).
Important Things To Note About The Required Documents
- One teacher recommendation letter only will be taken into account.
- A math/science teacher, a homeroom teacher, or an academic advisor should write the recommendation letter.
- You can either write the letter in English or in Korean.
- The online application platform is required for the electronic submission of recommendations. Once the application cost has been paid, we will provide your teacher a link so that they can complete the online recommendation letter submission process prior to the deadline.
- In order for your recommenders to receive an automated email with instructions on how to submit their recommendations through the online process, it is crucial that you enter their email addresses correctly on your online application form.
- Once your recommender has sent the letter of recommendation, your application will be finished.
- Hard copies of the letters of recommendation CANNOT be submitted.
FAQ On KAIST Undergraduate Scholarship
What are the eligibility requirements for the KAIST undergraduate scholarship?
International students who are applying for an undergraduate program at KAIST, who meet the university’s academic requirements, and who have a strong record of extracurricular activities and leadership experience are eligible to apply.
How do I apply for the scholarship?
Submit the online scholarship application form along with the required documents (e.g. academic transcripts, recommendation letters, etc.) by the deadline.
It is important to note that the scholarship application process may vary depending on the scholarship and the academic year, so you should check the KAIST website or contact the university’s scholarship office for the most up-to-date information and instructions.
Is there a scholarship exam for the KAIST undergraduate scholarship?
Yes, applicants may be required to take a scholarship exam as part of the application process. It depends on the scholarship and the academic year, some scholarships may require applicants to take a scholarship exam as part of the application process, while others may not.
It’s best to check the KAIST website or contact the university’s scholarship office for the most up-to-date information and instructions on the specific scholarship you are applying for, whether it requires an exam or not. If an exam is required, it can be an aptitude test, a language proficiency test, or an interview.
Are there any specific majors or fields of study that are preferred for the scholarship?
No, the scholarship is open to all undergraduate majors offered at KAIST.
Can I renew the scholarship for subsequent years of my undergraduate program?
Yes, KAIST undergraduate scholarship can be renewed. To be eligible for the renewal, students must fulfill the academic requirements set by the university. The renewal of the scholarship is
based on the student’s performance and progress in the program. The student must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher to be eligible for the renewal.
Does KAIST require SAT?
You must submit at least one official Test Scores Report, such as the SAT 1, SAT 2, AP, IB, GCE A-Level, ACT, results of the high school exit test, results of the university entrance exam, and a certificate from the International Olympics
KAIST (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology) offers undergraduate scholarships for international students who demonstrate academic excellence and leadership potential.
Applications from all over the world are accepted by KAIST. When registering for a course at KAIST, eligible overseas undergraduate applicants are encouraged to submit an application for the KAIST International Student Scholarship. You have the option of applying for the SPRING or FALL semesters.
These scholarships cover full tuition and provide a monthly living allowance. Eligible students must have a high school diploma and meet the university’s English language proficiency requirements.